Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Moda fashion show is an annual event that showcases the brand’s most luxurious and exclusive designs. The show takes place in different location each year, always attended by a star-studded cast of celebrities. This years’ Alta Moda will take place on July 4. Have a look at years past and decide for yourself who wore it best. Look forward to even bigger and better moments in 2023.
Lopez, Hudson and Mirren
In 2021, the Alta Moda show took place in Taormina, Sicily. The show celebrated Italian culture and fashion, with a stunning collection of designs inspired by the region’s rich history and heritage.
Some of the celebrities who attended the 2021 Alta Moda show included:
- Jennifer Lopez: Lopez wore a custom-made Dolce & Gabbana gown with clear inspiration from the warm Sicilian sun and sea. Glistening with gold and blue-green hues, featuring silk and chiffon with a plunging neckline and a long, flowing train.
- Jennifer Hudson: Hudson wore a shimmering gold ball gown with a sequin bodice.
- Dame Helen Mirren: Hudson’s Marie Antoinette-inspired sweetheart bodice evoked royalty from years gone by. The large, flowing skirt featured images of Continental queens and princesses.
The 2021 Alta Moda show was a huge success, and it received rave reviews from critics and fans alike. The event showcased Italian heritage, and it offered the world the best of Dolce & Gabbana’s design talent.
Carey, Klum and Barrymore
In 2022, the Alta Moda collection launched from Venice, Italy. The show honored the city’s rich history and culture, and it featured a stunning collection of designs inspired by the region’s canals, gondolas and masquerade balls.
Some of the celebrities who attended the 2022 Alta Moda show included:
- Mariah Carey: After arriving at the event in the same moment as the iconic Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce, Carey turned heads in her patchwork-quilt mermaid dress.
- Heidi Klum: Breaking with tradition, Klum wore a black pantsuit arrangement with hundreds of hand-sewn jewels boasting a paisely-adjacent pattern.
- Drew Barrymore: Her shoulders and crown blossoming with voluptuous roses, Barrymore stopped the show in a gown adorned with vertical panels of pastel coral, magenta and carnation.
The 2022 Alta Moda show received rave reviews from critics and fans alike. The show was an homage to Venetian history, and it showcased the best of Dolce & Gabbana’s design talent.
2023: A promising year for Dolce & Gabbana
So, what does Alta Moda 2023 have in store? It’s hard to say for sure, but based on the previous two shows, we can expect to see a stunning collection of designs inspired by Italian pride. One thing is for sure, Alta Moda is always a must-see event for fashion lovers around the world. The show is a composition of all the best that Italy has to offer, and it showcases the best of Dolce & Gabbana’s design talent.